We all know that cwm is one of the best recoveries. I recently posted how you can install it through rom manager here. But if you don’t have internet access on your phone then rom manager cannot be used to flash recovery. But don’t worry! There is still a way.
Note:Your device must be rooted. This method is for advanced users and installing through rom manager is always recommended.
- Install terminal emulator from here.
- Go here and download recovery for your device.(If your device is not listed, you can google for the recovery or find it on xda. If you can still not find it, mention it in the comment and I will try to find it.)
- Rename it to recovery.img.
- Copy the file to the root of your sd card.
- Open terminal emulator and type ‘su’.
- Superuser will ask if you want to give root access. Select allow/grant.
- Now type ‘dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32’.
- Your recovery is flashed.
UPDATE: This blog has been discontinued. For any help, please comment here.