This blog has been moved here. All the articles present on the current blog is also present there so please comment over there. No comments will be replied here and this blog will be deleted in a month.
We all know that cwm is one of the best recoveries. I recently posted how you can install it through rom manager here. But if you don’t have internet access on your phone then rom manager cannot be used to flash recovery. But don’t worry! There is still a way.
Note:Your device must be rooted. This method is for advanced users and installing through rom manager is always recommended.
- Install terminal emulator from here.
- Go here and download recovery for your device.(If your device is not listed, you can google for the recovery or find it on xda. If you can still not find it, mention it in the comment and I will try to find it.)
- Rename it to recovery.img.
- Copy the file to the root of your sd card.
- Open terminal emulator and type ‘su’.
- Superuser will ask if you want to give root access. Select allow/grant.
- Now type ‘dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p32’.
- Your recovery is flashed.
UPDATE: This blog has been discontinued. For any help, please comment here.
ClockworkMod is the most popular recovery for android. It can be used to install new ROMs and perform nandroid backup. The most common and easiest method to install it is through ROM manager.
NOTE:You need to be rooted to install cwm. You can check whether you are rooted by checking for an app called superuser in your app drawer. You must have internet access on your device. If you don’t have internet access, try this method instead.
- Install ROM manager from here.
- Open the app and select ‘flash clockworkmod recovery’.
- Pick your phone.
- Wait till the download is complete.
This is a tutorial on how to install CHAINFIRE 3D on your android phone and how to use CHAINFIRE 3D run most games on your android phones using chainfire 3D.
WHAT CHAINFIRE 3D DOES?
What Chainfire 3D does is that it stands between your apps and the graphics drivers, and intercept and/or change commands between the two. It has some built-in functions, and can be further extended with plugins to provide extra functions.
Warning:: It is recommended for 1ghz+ devices only and the phone must be rooted to use this app!
It works on Android 2.1 + devices but is safer on Android 2.1 devices!
HOW TO INSTALL CHAINFIRE 3D
- Download and install Chainfire3D (disregard warning and device will reboot).
- Download it’s plugins.
- Extract the plugins you downloaded to your SD card (they are 3 .i.e.(POWERVR/Qualcomm/Tegra).
- Open Chainfire 3D and click on Install plugin/shaders and then, chainfire 3d will search your sd card for plugins.
- When it’s done searching select the 3 plugins and install them.
- Install libGLEMU_POWERVR.zip (for PowerVR), Install libGLEMU_NVIDIA.zip (for Nvidia), Install libGLEMU_QUALCOMM.zip (for Qualcomm).
- Go back and click on Default OpenGL settings and select reduce texture quality then scroll down and click on use plugin and select QUALCOMM.
- You can now launch your games.
Note:Use Qualcomm or Nvidia plugin as your default Qualcomm as it is quite powerful and supports almost all games. Use PowerVR plugin for any games or application that need high graphic performance and better solution i.e under per-App OpenGL Settings. PowerVR plugin is not recommended to be used as default plugin cause it will stress your GPU will damage it over time just like ram expansion does to your memory card.
We all love to play games on our PC or consoles. But if we don’t have a handheld console then we get bored during long trips. To remove this boredness, we surf the net for some good mobile games. So here I am providing the best mobile games I have played till date.
- HIGH SPEED 3D
- THE A-TEAM
The name of this classic game is enough for its appreciation.
Good graphics and great features with an NFS like plot.
The best mobile adventure game, though the plot is a bit un-understandable.
The spirit of holi is in the air and we all are preparing for it! If you don’t know what holi is, then it is a festival of hindus in which children throw colors at each other. But we computer game freaks don’t want to go out and play. So, here is a holi game specially for us.
In this game, we are a fat boy who has to throw balloon filled with colored water at the pedestrians walking by his house. But its not that easy as it seems to! The pedestrians walk pretty fast and we are given only 25 balloons to throw at them. In the first level, we should be 60% accurate. It keeps on increasing as we progress through the levels.
I won’t bore you any longer and here is the download link
Bored of the same old taskbar? Then hear is a cool app for you. ObjectDock™ is a program that enables users to organize their shortcuts, programs and running tasks into an attractive and fun animated Dock. By allowing users to have more control over how they organize their desktop, users can take control of their desktop icons and shortcuts to have them be available when where and how they need them. With ObjectDock, you can make your computer more usable, and more fun at the same time!
But one side effect is that it creates too many registry keys during installation. So, I have created a portable version which launches without messing with your system.You can download it from the following links-
Still, if you want the setup then get it here